Courteney Cox images by michelle jernigan

Courteney Cox Opens Up About Split from David Arquette


Courteney+Cox in 11th Annual Warner Brothers And InStyle Golden Globe After-Party
Actress Courtney Cox arrives at the InStyle and Warner Bros. 67th Annual Golden Globes after party held at the Oasis Courtyard at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 17, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California. (Getty Images)more pics »Courteney Cox took a stand and initiated a trial separation from David Arquette, her husband of 11 years, last year, but she's definitely not initiating anything with other guys right now -- she's not even sure if they'll divorce.

Courteney Cox (Photo Agency)
The actress said about dating in a recent interview (via People.com): "I have no desire right now. I'm not saying never; it just seems weird. I don't even know how that would happen or how you meet people. I don't like to go out. I'm not great at small talk … I don't like to go to parties."

She added: "There's a sign on my forehead: exiting social life, entering into isolation."

She still has "strong feelings" for her actor husband, and isn't sure what this year will bring in terms of their relationship. "If [the marriage] doesn't work out, I will have huge waves of pain about failing in that department," she admitted. "But right now I don't have that because I don't know what the future holds and I guess because I have strong feelings for him."

This is one of the first times the actress has really opened up about the split, unlike her hubby who went on Howard Stern's radio show right after the news of their separation got out. She says she's not mad about his detailed interview. "You can't really get mad at David because he's not a malicious person," Cox said. "He was dealing with things the best way he could."

However, she knows he was fully aware of what he was doing by giving that interview. "Don't get me wrong, he was on a show for entertainment. David is smart, and David is also a showman. He knew what he was doing," she added.

The Scream 4 star also said that she's not angry at David for his fling with a cocktail waitress -- another detail about his life that he revealed on the radio show. "He absolutely did nothing that wasn't in the boundaries of what we set for our separation, so there's nothing to judge," Cox explained. "I may not have known about it, but that's the only difference."

Courteney also explained that David wasn't really the reason for their split. "It's nothing with David," she said. "It's just what I'm searching for. The thing is, when you get older, it's more about compatibility than it is about love.

She said she needed "a kind of peace and stillness. I'm kind of all over the place, and I need grounding. I want to be calm. I want to change a lot."

See more Courteney Cox pics here:
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox And Daughter Coco Arriving On A Flight At LAX
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox And Dan Byrd Have A Coffee Break In Hawaii
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox Drinking A Massive Mixed Drink On 'Cougar Town'
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox Films with Josh Hopkins
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox Slip Slidin' Away On 'Cougar Town'
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox on Set
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox On The Set Of 'Cougar Town' In Hawaii
  • Courteney Cox in Courteney Cox Films in Hawaii